Good things come in PATH Packs
When you volunteer to take part in Atlantic PATH, you will receive a kit, the PATH Pack. You simply complete this in the privacy and convenience of your home and return it to us. Most people will get their Pack from a Community Champion or at their workplace.
The Pack contains:
- Information about the study – the largest cancer study ever undertaken in Atlantic Canada – and a consent form
- Some questionnaires that will provide information about you, your lifestyle and environment, and your family’s health history
- A tape measure to take some simple body measurements such as your height and waist size
- Nail clippers so you can provide us with a sample of your toenails.
- A kit to take an optional blood spot sample. (In some packs)
The information and samples you generously provide will help create a database that researchers can use to understand how lifestyle, environment, and genetics cause cancer and other chronic diseases. The data will also help us identify potential improved treatments and better understand how to prevent these diseases.
Good things really do come in PATH Packs.